Hosting organisation: Ocalenie Foudnation
Project starts: August 15th 2016
Project ends: May 14th 2017
Since the beginning of the refugee crises in Europe, our organization received a large number of complaints from foreign people (including asylum-seekers/refugees/immigrants) who is living in Poland. Majority of them declare that experienced an aversion, acts of violence and different types of discrimination. The main reason of such situation is the lack of impartial information about asylum seekers/refugees/immigrants in polish social media, whipping up internal situation by official authority and a low level of intercultural dialogue in polish society.
There are three main project objectives:
- Provide volunteers with an opportunity to learn methods of successful promotion of multiculturalism and develop their communication, critical thinking and social perceptiveness skills, that are crucial for the work with groups at risk of social exclusion.
- Raise awareness and tolerance of polish society to asylum-seekers/refugees/immigrants and support intercultural dialogue.
- Make a contribution to social inclusion of asylum-seekers/refugees/immigrants into Polish society.
-to organize various series of socio-cultural animations among local Polish community and immigrants/refugees/asylum seekers;
-to plan and make an intercultural dialogue through different form of activities;
-to produce of short documentary movies about asylum-seekers/refugees/immigrants’ life in Poland;
-movie-photo-making covering Warsaw’s ethnic and migrant diversity;
-to promote your cultural background among asylum-seekers/refugees/immigrants and local population;
Only for candidates from Italy and Georgia aged 18 to 30 are eligible to apply for the volunteer program.
Eligible candidates for the project’s actions should:
– be interested in European affairs and volunteering,
– have a good communication skills and basic command of English,
– be open to work in multicultural environment
– be motivated to work with/for asylum seekers/refugees/immigrants
Any volunteer with a profile corresponding to our project will be considered provided they are available throughout the proposed period of 9 months. If you wish to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and motivation letter. Deadline 30/06/2016.