Wiedza do potęgi is a new program of the Ocalenie and the BGŻ BNP Paribas Foundation, prepared for young refugees who have learning difficulties and could therefore stop education. The program offers help in learning and education, workshops, joint outdoor activities and meetings within summer day camp. The organizers will also be in constant contact with the parents of the children embraced by the program, offering them the necessary support. Recruitment of participants will last from October 31 to November 16, 2018 (2nd edition).
Wiedza do potęgi: description of the program
It is envisioned that ten to fifteen persons will participate in each edition of the program. There will be two tutors for each of participants: one permanent, providing support in learning and dealing with current matters associated with a school, and the second – “mobile”, specializing in specific school subjects (e.g. the science, Polish language, English), who will support a few pupils at the same time. Some of the participants – 5 selected persons – will also receive a scholarship from September this year. It will coverthe pocket money for the pupil and school fees, such as contributions for board of parents, insurance, dinners, trips and textbooks.
The program will consist of two phases:
In the first phase (November – February)), we will concentrate on the help to pupils in improving final grades, we will arrange meetings with a psychologist in order to assess the needs of participants, as well as series of workshops and outings to various cultural and scientific institutions.
The second phase will start in the next semester (2018/2019 school year). We will provide participants with regular meetings with volunteers, helping them with learning. We will also offer selected pupils the financial support.
All participants and scholarships holders will be able to continue the program also after the second phase.
Who can apply?
We cordially invite:
- youth at age 13-18 who have already studied in Warsaw,
- persons with the refugee status or having subsidiary protection or tolerated stay in Poland or persons with residence permit due to humanitarian reasons; in exceptional situations also persons who are being in the pending refugee procedure,
- persons who voluntarily want to join the program,
- persons who have learning difficulties, particulary the ones who are at the greater risk of resignation from their education,
- persons who do not work during the school year in a way that would make learning impossible.
Only students who meet all the above conditions can qualify for the program.
Recruitment of participants
In order to apply follow these steps:
- Download the application form.
- Fill in the form in Polish (if you are under 18, do it together with your parent or legal guardian).
- Come to the Ocalenie Foundation in Warsaw and submit the form. If you are under 18, come with the parent or legal guardian.
- If you cannot fill in the form by yourself, come to the Ocalenie Foundation in Warsaw. We will help you fill in the form. If you are under 18, come with the parent or legal guardian.
- If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the coordinator of the program, Magdalena Wasielewska, who is on duty at the Ocalenie Foundation in Warsaw from 15.00-19.00, each Wednesday and Thursday. You can also send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment of participants will last from October 31 to November 16, 2018.
We will let you know if you are accepted by the end of November.
Participation in recruitment process does not guarantee. qulification for the program.
We cordially invite all students to apply (to the program)!